Friday, March 14, 2008

Warm Up

Today I received my training material. I browsed Tasc Chess Tutor (TCT) for a while and decided that I would work through sections 1 and 2 before starting the circles. Section 3 talked about really knowing my mate in 1 before learning the mate in 2 stuff so a good warm up should get me ready. I do not think that I will count the warm up as part of my circles but towards the seventh circle I might drop section 1 because it looks real easy. I think that I will hold off on Theory and Practice of Chess Endings for now and ease my way into it later. My rating at ICC fluctuates between 1000 and 1100 so that will be my measuring stick for improvement.

5 comments:

Glenn Wilson said...

Welcome to the Order of the Knights Errant. I like your plan from you earlier post:
My goal is to finish this by September 1st which will be my 26th birthday.

Welcome

Kaan Kara said...

Welocme from me too.

Sir Nemo said...

Welcome!

BlunderProne said...

Huzzah! WElcome to the circles of hell!

Godspeed and clarity on your vision.

SilverKing said...

Thank you all for the warm welcome. My plan is still the same as far as the completion date.