Saturday, March 22, 2008

Warm Up Complete

I just finished section 2 of TCT completing my warm up. The end of section 2 became difficult for me with a few of the test results as low as 38% accuracy rate. When I missed a tactic I would look at the solution 3 or 4 times to help burn it into my memory. I think that TCT is going to be difficult for me, so it is probably just what I need to improve.

My rating on ICC fluctuates between the high 1100s and low 1200s. Tactical exercises have already helped my gain between 100 and 200 rating points on ICC. There seems to be two major improvements in my play. Not hanging as many pieces and spotting more attacking opportunities.

I have noticed that after a few hours of tactics my head starts to feel different and I seem to have trouble focusing. If I try to work through this will my mental stamina increase or is it just a waste of time to keep solving problems?

2 comments:

damourax said...

Every Knigth needs a rest sometimes! If it's hurting your head stop a little and continue later. It will be more productive!

Good Luck! ;)

Blue Devil Knight said...

I agree--don't push it, you don't want to burn out. There will be plenty of late-night tactics sessions as you come close to finishing.

I miss TCT, a great program!